My Love Life
2009 is shaping up to be a good year ... so far ... my dear favorite Morrissey will release his tenth studio album, Years of Refusal, February 17th on Attack/Lost Highway. Lost Highway, what? Hey, as long as he keeps releasing good, solid albums, I'm happy. Anyhow, Years of Refusal marks the Mozzer's follow up to 2006’s Ringleader of the Tormentors, which is, by the way, incredibly underrated. "Life Is a Pigsty" is epic.
Produced by the late Jerry Finn, who also joined Moz for 2004's You Are the Quarry, produced the dozen-song effort. Sadly, it also marked his last project. Finn suffered a cerebral hemorrhage last July and passed away a month later at the age of 39.
The oh-so charming "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris," is the LP's first single. English guitar legend Jeff Beck also performs on track "Black Cloud."
Years of Refusal:
1. Something Is Squeezing My Skull
2. Mama Lay Softly On the Riverbed
3. Black Cloud
4. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
5. All You Need Is Me
6. When Last I Spoke to Carol
7. That's How People Grow Up
8. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
9. It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
10. You Were Good In Your Time
11. Sorry Doesn't Help
12. I'm OK By Myself
Special Edition DVD:
1. Wrestle with Russell
2. That's How People Grow Up (Performed on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross
3. All You Need is Me (Performed on Later with Jools Holland)
4. All You Need is Me (Video)
Look at THAT cover!